Applications Open for 2017 Emerging Leaders Program
Participants in the Winter 2017 Emerging Leaders Program, which helped refine and clarify outcomes and outputs of the ELP. Photo: Liz Sodja
The Center for Jackson Hole announced today that applications for the 2017 Emerging Leaders Program are now open.
Applications can be made here. Application deadline is June 1. Participants will announced by July 1.
The Emerging Leaders Program is developed in conjunction with The Teton Science Schools.
The Emerging Leaders Program is open to applicants ages 21-30 who have distinguished themselves in outdoor recreation, conservation, land management and/or cultural relevancy leadership positions.
At each Emerging Leaders Program, participants will receive:
- Familiarization with subject matter to be explored at the 2017 SHIFT Festival
- Instruction on how to then lead the conversations at SHIFT
- Tools and skills to help engage in discussions critical to protecting public lands
- Export models that allow them to share the results with their communities
Tactics to achieve these objectives include:
- Empowering Emerging Leaders to lead SHIFTx stakeholder discussions
- Storytelling skills that allow them to share their personal narratives via podcasting and film interviews
- Training in the art of public engagement
More information about the Emerging Leaders Program may be found here.
Posted March 21, 2017 in: Event by SHIFT