With the vast majority of Americans currently living in urban areas, developing ways to connect citizens to nature is a fundamental component of addressing nature deficit disorder. This panel looks at the innovative approaches to urban design that are being implemented to engage the full spectrum of America’s urban populations.
- Chris Chandler, Cities Program Director, The Nature Conservancy
- Eva Lizette Garcia, Planner, City of Brownsville, TX (2018 Emerging Leader)
- Jasmine Stammes, Healthy Eating and Active Living Coordinator, The Conservation Fund (2018 Emerging Leader)
- Avery Harmon, Community Outreach Coordinator, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (2018 Emerging Leader)
- Attila Bality, National Park Service Rivers, Trails & Conservation Assistance Program (2018 SHIFT Award Official Selection)